Unlock a fun and practical guide to improving your home
By Bea Patel on 19 May 2016 in Home Improvements
Sprucing up your home is a big task. Renovating your property not only makes your living space more pleasant to live in, but it can also add thousands of pounds to its value.
Here are some handy tips for getting started:
- Fix the obvious problems first. It’s better to address minor problems such as blocked gutters before taking on bigger projects.
- Keep on top of maintenance and ensure roofs and walls are in good condition to avoid water damage.Get the job done right the first time. A botched job could prove costly in the long run.
- Ensure your home complies with the latest regulations – make sure your electrical and gas appliances are checked by a professional.
- Get permission for any alterations or building work. Contact your local council for advice before carrying out any work.
- Think cost per square metre. Will the costs for improvements add value to your home? Use tools such as Zoopla to research local property prices similar to your home.
- Let your neighbours know your plans before you start.
- Update your home insurance.
For more great tips, take a look at this useful, fun and practical guide to improving your home from Sainsbury’s Bank.
It includes ideas, tips, and information to help you improve the internal and exterior of your home – with simple ideas to create more space. It also shares simple ways to improve your home’s energy efficiency, and devices that can make your home ‘smart’.